Jim Jones <[log in to unmask]>
Thu, 14 Apr 1994 18:11:18 EDT
 The close-to-English translation of the error message you received is
 something like this.

   Mail sent from the ABUSE-L mailing list, destined for the UUCP site
   called FQUEST is still stuck at Internet host UUDEL.US.DELL.COM.
   If you, as the person sending this note, happen to be a local
   user of UUDEL.US.DELL.COM, then you can use the command,

      uustat -kfquestFc957

   to remove the mail from the queue.  The mail will be deleted
   automatically in a few days if it can't be delivered.

 In other words, mail for someone on ABUSE-L is being routed through
 UUDEL.US.DELL.COM, but that machine couldn't finish delivering it.
 To find the source of the problem, try sending the following commands
 to LISTSERV from the list owner account.

   query abuse-l for *fquest*@*
   query abuse-l for *@*fquest*

 The address may very well not mention "uudell.us.dell.com" at all,
 and "fquest" could be listed to the left side of the "@" sign (as
 in something like [log in to unmask]) or on the right
 of the "@" (perhaps [log in to unmask]).  All you can
 really do is contact the postmaster at UUDELL.US.DELL.COM and ask
 if they know what's wrong.  But since the problem is most likely to
 be with the FQUEST machine, you probably won't find out any more than
 you know already.

 -jj

 ...text deleted...
>From: [log in to unmask] (0000-uucp(0000))
 ...text deleted...

>Subject: Warning From uucp
>We have been unable to contact machine 'fquest' since you queued your job.
>
>        fquest!mail henry.williams   (Date 04/11)
>The job will be deleted in several days if the problem is not corrected.
>If you care to kill the job, execute the following command:
>
>        uustat -kfquestFc957
>
>        Sincerely,
>        uudell.us.dell!uucp

 ...text deleted...