"Nathan C. Brindle" <[log in to unmask]>
Wed, 3 Mar 1993 19:11:18 EST
I've appended the significant portion of one of the more common errors
I'm getting lately :).  I just need some clarification.  When the Batch
SMTP transaction log says that the error is "Mailbox not found", does that
mean that it can't find the <HOST> or the <USER> ?  I tried PINGing this
host, 150.203.2.14, and INDYCMS didn't have any trouble finding it.  But
it refuses to send mail to this user.  I sent a message to the postmaster
the other day about upgrading the Internet domain list so I wouldn't get
so many bounces, and bounces <have> slowed down (although I got no response
from the postmaster on my request).  I'm just confused about this specific
error and what it means.  Thanks for your help.
------------------------ Message in error (101 lines) -------------------------
Date: Wed, 03 Mar 93 18:29:39 EST
From: Network Mailer <[log in to unmask]>
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: mail delivery error

Batch SMTP transaction log follows:

220 INDYCMS.IUPUI.EDU Columbia MAILER R2.07 BSMTP service ready.
050 HELO INDYCMS.BITNET
250 INDYCMS.IUPUI.EDU Hello INDYCMS.BITNET
050 MAIL FROM:<[log in to unmask]>
250 <[log in to unmask]>... sender OK.
050 RCPT TO:<[log in to unmask]>
550 Mailbox not found.
050 DATA
354 Start mail input.  End with <crlf>.<crlf>
050 QUIT
221 INDYCMS.IUPUI.EDU Columbia MAILER BSMTP service done.

Original message follows: (deleted)