Peacenet Balkans Desk <[log in to unmask]>
Tue, 20 Jul 1999 10:36:12 -0400
Thanks for the replies. Some reactions -

At 01:25 AM 7/20/99  Ben Parker wrote:
>Note your search command is ridiculously broad, and will probably return
>all messages ever posted to the list.

But that's what I want to do, see the title of evey post, in connection
with pruning the archives of junk in preparation for moving the list ot a
new host where I have to pay for storage. The list is only 6 mos old, at
about 100 posts/mo.

At 11:52 AM 7/20/99  Rich Greenberg wrote:
>No need to do a search here.  Just do:
>
>   INDEX Listname-L
>
>and then a GET on each file.  (This assumes you have archives.)

No, by looking at the titles (Search) I want to zero in on the logs (Get)
that I really need to dowload and prune. Sorry if I didn't make this clear
in my original post.

I do appreciate these discussions as a way to become adept at list
management  --  ed
---
Ed Agro, Peacenet Balkans Desk, Boston