H Stephen Wright <[log in to unmask]>
Thu, 21 Dec 2006 08:48:47 -0600
I have several WebTV users on the list I manage (yes, amazingly enough,
WebTV still exists).  One of them has been e-mailing me persistently
over the last few weeks, complaining that he isn't getting any mail from
the list.  He says the problem started after he got a probe message.

His subscription looks fine to me (not set to nomail or anything like
that).  His address has never shown up on the daily error report.  One
of the other WebTV people did turn up on the error report last week, but
just once.

He has continued e-mailing me, demanding that I "do something."  He
says that the WebTV people say everything's fine and therefore the
problem must be at my end.

Any suggestions?  Has anyone else had a problem with WebTV
subscribers?

H. Stephen Wright
Associate Dean for Public Services
Northern Illinois University Libraries