Susan King <[log in to unmask]>
Mon, 27 Nov 1995 09:48:29 -0600
[log in to unmask] wrote in a message to All:

 PC> PS - if the total number of errors is getting ridiculous, it is
 PC> time to      do a RENEWAL check on your list - actually, on a list
 PC> that size, I'd      suggest adding the following to the list
 PC> header:

 PC> *  Renewal= 12/1,6/1,Delay(7)

 PC> or even 3/1,6/1,9/1,12/1,Delay(7)

Actually, I was thinking about this... and perhaps we are BIG enough to
implement this.

My understanding is that it will send out a RENEWAL notice... (is this in one
of the TEMPLATES???) and they must reply with an OK within 48 hours. If they
don't, the listserv will delete their subscription...

Then 1100+ renewal notices and responses could also cause an  increase workload
on the listserv wouldn't it... We wouldn't want all the lists doing it on the
same days! <GRIN>

 PC> ( this format renews EVERYONE on those dates - the n-monthly format
 PC>   is relative to date subscribed - i think ) ( you should set any
 PC> newsgroup subscriptions to NORENEW first ! )

Thanks

Susan E. King ([log in to unmask])