Eric Thomas <[log in to unmask]>
Thu, 27 Apr 1995 17:47:45 +0200
On Thu, 27 Apr 1995 09:32:00 EDT Bill Verity <[log in to unmask]> said:

>Validate= Yes seems to be the  "correct" setting under 1.8b. However, it
>seems to then  require confirmation for the SIGNOFF command.  I love the
>confirmation on subscriptions,  but I'd really like users to  be able to
>get off without  confirming. Can I have  my cake and eat it  too? When I
>see an unconfirmed SIGNOFF request, I normally delete the user myself.

"Validate=" is a  security keyword. There are several  levels of security
which all apply  consistently to all commands. It wouldn't  make sense to
close  one  door  and  leave  the  other  one  wide  open.  If  you  want
confirmation  on subscriptions  only,  you can  use "Subscription=  Open,
Confirm", which works independently of "Validate=".

  Eric