Hal Keen <[log in to unmask]>
Mon, 21 Aug 2006 12:08:30 -0500
> We configured a bottom banner for HMTL posting and plain text posting.
> However, when people start to reply to a posted message, the bottom banner
> gets added for each reply. At the end, we have messages with multiple
bottom
> banners, which are somewhat annoying and ugly. Is there a way to only
> include bottom banner once no matter how many time a message has been
> replied?

There have been other good suggestions besides this one, but here's what I
do:

My bottom banners vary because I use the DAYSEQ to rotate a set of
subscriber-information notices. However, all the banners begin with:

       [a line of whitespace]
  ---- [organization name] Email List ----
  DELETE THIS FOOTER from copies, forwards, & replies.

There's a similar format for HTML.

I used to put a "Please delete" message at the END of the footer, but I find
subtlety doesn't work very well with subscribers. I still get accumulated
bottom banners, but I think this style has reduced the tendency.

Hal Keen