"David M. Rosenberg" <[log in to unmask]>
Mon, 27 Jul 1998 22:40:16 EDT
On Mon, 27 Jul 1998 16:04:54 +0200, Eric Thomas <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
>There is an undocumented parameter to disable the old-style search
>(designed mainly for P/390s):
>
>SEARCH_DISABLED = 'The SEARCH command is disabled on this server.'
>
>It may or may not be present on your build. I don't remember when it was
>added exactly.

Eric,

Is it correct that both the (documented) "DATABASE =" and the
(undocumented) "SEARCH_DISABLED =" are site configuration parameters
that apply to all lists at the site, that neither of them would affect
keeping archives, that neither of them would affect the "GETPOST" or
"GET listname LOGyymmw" commands and that they interact according to
the following chart:

 DATABASE     SEARCH_DISABLED     CJLI Search jobs    New SEARCH command
    0               0             Inoperative         Inoperative
    0               1             Inoperative         Inoperative
    1               0             Available           Available
    1               1             Inoperative         Available

Is the "SEARCH_DISABLED =" configuration parameter available in 1.8d beta
builds (for VM)?