"CLARKE, Paul (M23)" <[log in to unmask]>
Tue, 27 Oct 1998 10:09:40 +1000
Hi all,

I have and want to again modify the default.mailtpl file. The reason is
to change the look of the www archive interface. I know that I can do it
by putting up individual mailtpl files, but this really defeats the
purpose of the default one!

My current default.mailtpl is one that I have modified see
http://www.qed.qld.gov.au/archives/index.html, the list pages have a
similar look see http://www.qed.qld.gov.au/archives/ias-training.html. I
want all list pages to look like
http://www.qed.qld.gov.au/archives/sina-advice.html.

I have made the modifications to the default.mailtpl, killed the
listserv process on the server copied the new default.mailtpl to the
listserv/home/ directory and restarted Listserv with a go bg. No change
to the list archive HTML files :-) I have even tried deleting the lists
archive file, killing listserv and restarting it (same process as
above), all that happens is a new list archive file is created in the
old format.

I am assuming that Listserv internalises the default.mailtpl at some
stage (and it is not at startup). I have a feeling that I had similar
problems last time I modified the file, and that it fixed itself up over
time.

Does anyone know the process?

Paul.
  Paul Clarke
  Online Curriculum Information Project Officer
  Open Access Unit
  Gabba Towers
  Level 6, 411 Vulture Street
  Woolloongabba Brisbane Qld 4102