Kevin Parris <[log in to unmask]>
Tue, 29 Nov 2005 09:29:51 -0500
First, update your list header to include

   Default-Options= Review

or add REVIEW to the entry if you already have a Default-Options
keyword present, so any new subscribers will acquire that attribute
automatically.

Then, send your server this command

   quiet set listname review for *@*

(substituting your listname) and confirm as prompted.  The wildcard
syntax will apply the attribute to every subscriber at once.

Then update your list header to Send=Private and that should take care
of your situation.

Alternatively, you can add the NonMember option to your existing Send
keyword values, so that any messages from non-subscribers won't reach
you for moderation until after the sender responds to a confirm request
(and hardly any spam ever does that).

My list is currently configured "Send= editor,  hold,  confirm". Since
I receive massive spam waiting for moderation recently,  I
would like to prevent non-subscribers to post from now  on.  BUT posts
of subscribers should still be moderated (so that a simple "Send=
Private" is not appropriate). AND I cannot afford to  set all approx
1.000 subscribers to REVIEW manually...

What can I do? I appreciate your help. And please forgive me  if this
problem has been covered already recently.

Philip Schulte, Berlin, Germany
Owner: HYPNOSE-L, SYSTEM-L