Dan Lester <[log in to unmask]>
Tue, 13 May 1997 12:17:40 -0600
At 09:03 AM 5/13/97 -0400, Lawrence B. York wrote:
>On 13 May 97 at 6:11, F. wrote:
>
>> Is there are way to do a bulk conceal and "NOMAIL" only on those
>> addresses?
>
>   Another option that another support staff member just pointed out
>to me is that you could adjust your Default-Options in your header to
>whatever you wanted the new people to be set to, bulk-add them and
>then go back and reset your Default-Options to it's original value.
>Of course, just to make sure everything worked out right, you'd also
>have to follow up with a query on your list as to those
>Default-Options you just set for the bulk-add individuals -- just in
>case someone subscribed manually between the time you changed your
>header from the one state to the other.

Actually, if you retrieve the list by    get listname (hdr    instead of
get listname (hdr nol

then the list will be locked until the header is put back....then no one
can sub or change things during that short period anyway.

Or if you just lock the list that will work too.

dan

Dan Lester
In the kingdom of the blind, the one-eyed man is king.  Erasmus, 1534