Stan Horwitz <[log in to unmask]>
Thu, 26 Jan 1995 23:56:26 EST
Hello people;

My Help-Net list seems to be receiving  far too many signoff requests sent to
it rather  than to Listserv. I  am not sure  why Listserv lets many  of these
through for distribution, but I would like to fix the problem quickly because
I am getting tired of seeing such  requests there and many of the subscribers
are getting annoyed too.

Another problem is that several  subscribers insist on posting messages which
have no subject header even though the messages are worthwhile questions, not
subject commands.  I find this annoying.

What I would like to do is  to filter out all Help-Net postings which contain
nothing in the subject line, but I want to have a customized message returned
to people  who post such messages.  In this message  that I want to  write, I
will  explain the  procedure  for signing  off  the list  and  in a  separate
paragraph, explain the  importance of clearly indicating in  the subject what
one is about to write about.

Does this seem  like a good approach  to these two problems?  Is it something
that can be implemented?  If so, how?

TIA

Stan Horwitz, Consultant    | Bitnet           | Internet
Temple University           | V4039@TEMPLEVM   | [log in to unmask]

Manager of Help-Net and E-mail postmaster for VM.TEMPLE.EDU and TEMPLEVM