Rich Greenberg <[log in to unmask]>
Tue, 27 May 2003 22:22:51 -0400
On: Tue, May 27, 2003 at 01:38:22PM -0400,Margo Dunn Wrote:

} I'm trying to follow the directions to delete an archive notebook:
}
} 7.2.2. Deleting existing archive notebooks
} To delete an existing archive notebook, simply execute a PUT operation for
} the notebook
} in question without sending any other text along with the PUT command line.
} For
} instance:
} PUT MYLIST LOG9607 PW= mypersonalpw
} without any other additional text would delete MYLIST LOG9607 from the
} server.
}
} In the web interface, I enter the list management page and go to the
} COMMAND page. I entered the command as above for the log file I want to
} delete, but I get this error message:
}
} This is not the proper way to store files - you must send your request along
} with the replacement  file, inserting the PUT command before  the first line
} of the file you want to store.

The PUT command must be sent by email, and you MUST make sure that
NOTHING follows it.  No signature or commercial because if there is
anything, it will replace the current contents of the file.  The idea is
that by replacing the current contents of the file with nothing, it goes
away.

I don't use the web interface, so I can't tell you how to do it there.

--
Rich Greenberg   Work:  Rich.Greenberg atsign worldspan.com  + 1 770 563 6656
N6LRT   Marietta, GA, USA   Play: richgr atsign panix.com    + 1 770 321 6507