Judith Hopkins <[log in to unmask]>
Thu, 18 Sep 1997 09:08:59 -0400
On Wed, 17 Sep 1997, Linda Wack wrote:

> My list has a subscriber who stopped receiving list mail a few
> weeks ago.  I can contact him without any difficulty. I'm not
> getting any error messages from his site that might help to
> diagnose the problem.
>
> I've exhausted my bag of tricks (unsub/resubbing, re-routing
> his mail, prowling through nslookup which looks OK to me) and would
> appreciate it if anyone has suggestions as to what I can do
> next. I tried the SHOW DPATH command, but it is unsupported.

     I had a subscriber who called me yesterday with that same problem
  (from a different domain, however, than your subscriber).  Her
  subscription looked perfectly OK, hadn't been generating any
  error messages, etc.    It turned out that she had been using
  different people's PCs in her office, checking for her mail
  WITHOUT CHANGING FROM THE ACCOUNT NUMBER UNDER WHICH THE ORIGINAL
  USER OF THAT MACHINE HAD SIGNED ON.  Since she wasn't logged on
  to her own account number on those machines, naturally she
  couldn't find her e-mail!
    This is, I would hope, a rare occurrence, but since nothing else
   you checked worked, you might ask her/him about this.

Judith Hopkins, Listowner of Autocat
     http://www.acsu.buffalo.edu/~ulcjh