"Wayne T. Smith" <[log in to unmask]>
Wed, 13 Nov 1996 14:39:54 -0500
I'll admit this is a strange situation, but I'd like to allow postings
but filter subscriptions to a list.  Any suggestions?

Background:  I have a list that is by default DIGESTS.  It receives
postings from 2 other lists.  These DIGESTS are often or usually
greater in size than the 61440 byte limit of JUNO.COM.  The other two
lists are not digests by default and allow JUNO.COM subscribers (as
long as they stay non-DIGEST).  JUNO.COM folks sometimes post to those
other two lists.  With my current filter of JUNO.COM in the DIGESTS
list, those posts get rejected.

Can I separate FILTER= wrt subscriptions and postings.  I understand
that the normal case is just the reverse (let someone subscribe, but
don't let them post) ... and this reverse case is handled nicely by
DefaultOptions=REVIEW.

cheers,

Wayne T. Smith                 mailto:[log in to unmask]
Systems Group -- CAPS          University of Maine System
Co-owner of the College Hockey mailing lists