Thu, 23 May 2002 10:33:28 -0700
On Thu, 23 May 2002 at 08:32:00AM -0600, Ben Parker wrote:
> On Thu, 23 May 2002 08:55:01 -0400, Stan Horwitz <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
>
>>Is there any way I can filter out these notification message requests
>>from incoming mail to my list?
>
> a) you are running 1.8e now and you should explore using the new content
> filter
> http://www.lsoft.com/manuals/1.8e/relnotes/v18e-own.html#contentfilter

Nice feature!

If I read the manual correctly, putting

Disposition-notification-to::*
ACTION:REJECT Disposition-notification not allowed
Return-Receipt-To::*
ACTION:REJECT Return receipt requests not allowed
Read-Receipt-To::*
ACTION:REJECT Read receipt requests not allowed
X-Confirm-reading-to::*
ACTION:REJECT Read confirmations not allowed
Return-Receipt-Requested::*
ACTION:REJECT Return-receipt not allowed
Generate-Delivery-Report::*
ACTION:REJECT Delivery-report not allowed
Mail-Reply-Requested-By::*
ACTION:REJECT Reply-request not allowed
X-Confirm-reading-to::*
ACTION:REJECT Confirm-reading not allowed

in the CONTENT_FILTER should reject messages with any of the known
delivery confirmation requests.

BTW, there's a good header reference at:
http://www.cs.tut.fi/~jkorpela/headers.html

Regards,

-rex