Lissa Mosley <[log in to unmask]>
Tue, 5 Oct 1993 16:09:00 EST
I am a VERY new list owner in the process of getting things set up before I
announce my list.  So, if these questions have been asked many times
before, please excuse me.

I am using the Revised List Processor, Release 1.5d on an IBM VM/CMS
system.  At this point there are three things which I am still having
difficulty with:

1.  I want to send people a FAQ file when they subscribe and have not been
    able to figure out how to do that automatically.  It's a fairly lengthy
    FAQ and I would rather not incorporate it in the "mailform" file.

2.  Through a quirk in our bitnet connection, bitnet addresses are routed
    through a nearby university (with that university's address showing in
    both the "sender" and "reply to" lines.)  I would like the list to be
    set up so that postings to straight internet addresses are sent with
    internet style headers rather than gatewayed through our peculiar
    bitnet routing system.  I believe that individuals can change that
    themselves with a SET IETFHDR command, but is there a way that that
    could be the default for users subscribing through our internet
    address?

3.  The listserv rejects messages that include the list address in the body
    of the message.  Can that option be disabled?

All help gratefully accepted.

Thank you,

Lissa Mosley