Tue, 21 May 1996 18:41:03 -0500
> I am not interested in the transients, only those being monitored.

You can direct the errors to whatever address you please with the
Error-to=  keyword (we have a special account for the errors).
But the error messages have to go somewhere, and someone *should*
deal with them.  Just because the errors aren't handled by the
auto system doesn't mean they are transient, it means they are in
a form which doesn't match the standard which LISTSERV expects and
can deal with automatically.

If you've got fatal errors, not reported in the daily monitoring,
and you don't do anything about them they will most likely continue,
and you will get more, and more, and...

That's one of the jobs of the listowner, handling the error messages
which cannot be dealt with automatically, it's what listowners are
for: the scut work which requires a thinking program (a human).

Douglas
       Douglas Winship   Hays County, Texas  [log in to unmask]
                    Secondary AUTOCAT Listowner
                              MEDLAB-L