Ben Parker <[log in to unmask]>
Wed, 16 Mar 2011 12:42:11 -0600
On Wed, 16 Mar 2011 11:53:04 -0400, Dayn Schulert <[log in to unmask]>
wrote:

>We upgraded to 16.0 at the beginning of the year but this particular
>list was with since late 1998. Could this possibly be an issue?

Possibly.  Template generated messages are designed to be backwards
compatible.  If at some time in the past you or a former list owner
edited/customized the CONFIRM1 message template for your list, that will still
work, but will not include any changes made in more recent versions of this
template so you will not get the effect of any fixes.

The code that generates the clickable link has changed considerably over the
years.  The current code is this:

To confirm the execution of your &C, simply
.bb &WA_URL Ø= ''
click on the following link:

.se MOREOPT
.bb &DEFINED(&LISTNAME_ENCODED) = 1
.se MOREOPT &MOREOPT&&L=&LISTNAME_ENCODED
.eb
.bb &DEFINED(&REQADDR) = 1
.se MOREOPT &MOREOPT&&Y=&URLENCODE(&REQADDR)&&X=-
.eb
.ce &WA_URL;?OK=&CODE;&MOREOPT

but you should not blindly plug this into your edited template.  Better to
'Revert' (delete) your edited template to restore it to the current version
default, then re-edit if you want to change any of the text.