Thu, 25 Sep 1997 16:05:36 -0400
At 09:33 PM 9/25/97 +0200, you wrote:
>On Thu, 25 Sep 1997 15:35:08 -0400 Philo <[log in to unmask]> said:
>
>>Just a unique password in the welcome message
>
>The one they made sure to throw away? ;-)

Yeah, I thought about that as I was writing it, but then I realized I was
thinking more about listserv veterans who find out their sysadmin just
"decided" to change and realias all the email addresses. I had it happen to
me, and I feel like such an idiot going to the listowner to get it changed.

You can sign off and in general
>fix problems with  your subscription (change address, etc)  using the web
>interface. This  requires a  LISTSERV password, which  you can  assign as
>long as you still  receive mail from the old address.  If the old address
>is completely gone, you need to ask  the list owner for help, but in most
>cases mail  routing changes  to preserve  old addresses,  at least  for a
>while.

I'll look into this- sounds like it'll do the trick!

Thanks,
Philo
Finger for public key                   [log in to unmask]
Philosophy: a route of many roads leading
 from nowhere to nothing.
        -Bierce