Francoise Becker <[log in to unmask]>
Thu, 20 Jan 2005 20:37:15 -0500
Hey everybody! The Winner of the "Email marketing award" in the
LISTSERV Choice Awards has been chosen. See the press release below
or at:

http://www.lsoft.com/news/choice6.asp

I'm pretty pleased with this choice, because it shows that it IS
possible to do e-mail marketing successfully, benefitting both the
sender AND the recipients, without spamming. It's a great example of
how opt-in targeted emails can be very effective, as long as the
company using the technique is willing to put some thought and some
work into putting together the right message and sending it to the
right people.

Francoise

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

L-SOFT ANNOUNCES WINNER OF EMAIL MARKETING AWARD

Stockholm International Fairs Wins LISTSERV Choice Award for
Sophisticated Email Marketing Campaigns

Bethesda, MD (January 20, 2005) - L-Soft, the premier email list
management software vendor, today announced that Stockholm
International Fairs, a leading exhibition center in Scandinavia, won
the Email Marketing Award category of the LISTSERV Choice Awards, a
contest that was launched to celebrate L-Soft's 10-Year Anniversary.

Stockholm International Fairs hosts over 80 events and welcomes over
one million visitors to nearly 1,000 congresses, conferences and
seminars every year. Over 10,000 companies from 50 countries around
the globe participate in the events. Stockholm International Fairs
uses email marketing to carry out communication with exhibitors,
attendees and press. The company excels by carefully planning its
strategy, measuring results against the initial goals and designing
its campaigns effectively for its customers. The adoption of email
marketing has decreased marketing costs, increased pre-registration
rates and improved customer services.

"Email is an important part of our marketing activities. By using
email we are able to deliver customized information and new services
to optimize visitors' experiences," explains Kinna Jonsson, Project
Manager at Stockholm International Fairs. "Today our database
contains half a million registered email addresses of visitors who
receive their exhibition tickets and other information via the
Internet. We also send out competitions, newsletters and surveys."

The project coordinators of Stockholm International Fairs use
LISTSERV® Maestro software as a tool to manage and track their opt-in
email marketing campaigns. "They are using LISTSERV Maestro in
precisely the way it was designed to be used - to collect data and
then improve campaigns by targeting recipients, analyzing content and
working in specific groups through team collaboration. They have
developed HTML templates for content to allow individuals and groups
to produce their own messages without the help of programmers," says
Beth Stinson, Technical Writer at L-Soft and member of the LISTSERV
Choice Awards jury.

"We analyze our email campaigns and learn much about how the
deliveries should look to appeal to the recipients. We know which
parts of the messages are the most clicked and place the most
important Web links there," Kinna Jonsson explains.

"Stockholm International Fairs implements the best practices in email
marketing that I wish more companies would adopt. It is a 'win-win'
situation for both the company and its customers," Beth Stinson
concludes.

In celebration of its 10th Anniversary, L-Soft has launched the
LISTSERV Choice Awards. To read more about the LISTSERV Choice Awards
winners go to: "http://www.lsoft.com/news/choicewinners.asp"

For more information about Stockholm International Fairs go to:
"http://www.stockholmsmassan.se/stockholmsmassan_eng"

L-SOFT PRESS CONTACT
Gabriela Linares
1-800-399-5449

About L-Soft

Looking back on ten years of innovation - L-Soft, the premier
provider of email list management solutions and developer of
LISTSERV® software, celebrates its 10th anniversary:
"http://www.lsoft.com/10anniversary.html"

L-Soft, which was incorporated in 1994, offers email list and opt-in
email marketing software and outsourcing services for managing email
newsletters, discussion groups and marketing campaigns. Recognized in
2004 as one of Maryland's top 50 fastest growing technology companies
by Deloitte & Touche, L-Soft's products deliver about 30 million
messages a day to more than 110 million list subscriptions.

For more information visit "http://www.lsoft.com" or contact L-Soft
via email at: [log in to unmask] or call +1-800-399-5449 or +1 (301) 731-
0440.