Melvin Klassen <[log in to unmask]>
Sat, 15 Jul 1995 12:12:12 PDT
Paul Divirgilio <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

> Subject:    COMPUMED: [log in to unmask] requested to join (fwd)
>             [a clue sa to how serious the freak subscriptions are]
>
> This message will give you some idea as to how serious these freak
> subscriptions are and as to who has been sending them. You will note
> the name, Firebug. This corresponds with threats to burn down my
> properties with my tenants in them from off the net. If my concern
> seemed exaggerated, let this message be a warning as to what yoru
> freak subscribers really are and how dangerous they can be. -- Paul

The Internet DNS (Domain Name Servers) for the 'DIALUP.CLOUD9.NET' domain,
namely 'NS1.CLOUD9.NET' and 'NS2.CLOUD9.NET', contain the information:

   firebug.dialup.cloud9.net   168.100.204.37
   fireman.dialup.cloud9.net   168.100.200.149

which implies that "firebug" is a registered host under their control.

"Cloud 9 Internet" is headquartered at "15 Lake Street, White Plains, NY 10603"
and 'Scott Drassinhower' <[log in to unmask]> is the Technical/Zone/Admin.
contact for this domain, and can be also contacted at 914-682-0626.

You should ask "[log in to unmask]" or "[log in to unmask]"
or [log in to unmask] for more information about the specific host.

Their WWW-site (http://WWW.CLOUD9.NET) claims that they are a full-access
I.S.P. in Westchester County of NY.  That WWW-site includes a list of "rules",
which state, in part, "you may not ... harass users, either via email ..."
and "if they ask you to stop, you must".

So, ask 'root@firebug' to stop bothering you.  If he/she doesn't,
then their CLOUD9 account can be immediately terminated.
________