Anthony M Aristar <[log in to unmask]>
Wed, 24 Apr 1996 12:26:58 -0500
I run a rather high-volume list ([log in to unmask]) and
we've run into something of a problem.  Two people are now
getting our mail without having ever subscribed.  Their
names do not appear on our list of subscribers, nor, after
a lot of effort, can we figure out what address is responsible
for their problem.

The conclusion we've come to is that someone is using an
anonymous remailer as a means of annoying the two people.

The question is: how do we find out which address is
causing the damage?  We know roughly when the mail started
to be sent to them, so we've come to the conclusion that
one way to find out the mailing address responsible for the
remailing is to try to separate out all the subscription
requests which occurred in the right time period.  But
after a lot of searching the online manuals for listserv,
I can't see how to get this information, though I believe
Listserv does keep it somewhere.  Can anyone offer any
help?

Anthony Aristar
Moderator, LINGUIST