Tue, 6 Feb 2001 09:25:15 -0600
You are correct, Pete, it does work, tried it on autocat which I currently
have set Private.  There is a slight variation, briefer:
http://listserv.acsu.buffalo.edu/cgi-bin/wa?S1=listname

which works if the list is Public but if it is Private you are simply
told you are not authorized with no chance to log in.  Neither, though,
lists the logs, which is why I tell people to use
http://listserv.acsu.buffalo.edu/archives/listname.html

as then they can choose between a "search" or browsing the archives
and they'll be asked for a login if the notebooks are Private.   Douglas