Fri, 4 Jul 1997 12:13:17 +1000
Dear all,

> >Has anyone out there been running it under version 1.8c and
> >how is it performing?
>
> GREAT!
>
> I go for days without a error.

I second that!  We used to receive around 1,500+ bounces/day prior to
setting up Listserv and activating the Auto-delete command (currently we
use the Manual option).  Now I get a neat summary (1 mail a day) for all
those bounces that are DSN* compatible and Listserv understands and a few
dozen bounces from those sites that do not support DSN format...

Nevertheless the reason I still get quite a few bounces is because our
volume is around 300messages sent to 1,500 subscribers. Each subscriber
that bounces in non DSN format generates potentially 300 bounce messages!

This is why the daily error reports are so useful... They sumarize the
errors and just let you know in *one* daily mail which address bounced
and how many times, rather than us receiving each bounce ourselves and
then trying to figure out out of all the repetition which addresses have
caused the bounces... so as you see it *is* very handy! :)

I would definately recommend you use the Auto-delete feature.  Start with
Manual and move up to Semi-auto if you prefer Listserv to take action and
delete the permanent errors for you...

Regards,

David

*DSN apparantly is an error message format that many mailers seem to
comply with and that Listserv can successfully "understand".