Pete Weiss <[log in to unmask]>
Wed, 5 May 2004 08:18:00 -0400
At 23:06 05/04/2004 Tuesday, Ben Parker wrote:
 >What I do, as List Owner of many lists, is to do address for users upon
 >request.  I simply ask them to write to listname-request@server  with the
 >message
 >
 > CHANGE listname old_address new_address

Sometimes it is more than a single subscriber issue, but a site
issue.  When I get a request from a subscriber, after thinking about the
request, often I will do a preliminary check of all subscribers from that
site.  If there is more than one subscriber, and this seems like a
generic addressing issue, I may further inquire of the requester if I
should make some sort of mass aka 'wild-card' change (if possible).

They might need to do a little reality checking our their site, but it
usually seems like a good investment.

/Pete