Brian Crawford <[log in to unmask]>
Tue, 29 Oct 1996 23:01:38 -0600
I have a list (WORLD-SERIES) that I would like to shut down until the 1997
baseball playoffs start next September.  The whole premise of the list was
that it was created only to talk about the 1996 baseball playoffs and World
Series. It was successful and we plan to do the same thing next year.

What I would prefer to do is keep all my current subscribers, but have the
list "deactivated" until we need it again. Here's what I was thinking about
doing:

1.      Set all current subscribers to nopost and nomail
2.      Change the list to *Subscribe= by owner
3.      Change the default subscription options to nopost and nomail
4.      Change the Welcome file to explain the situation

Does this make sense? Or am I going about this the hard way? TIA

Brian Crawford                                             Chicago

Baby Pictures: http://www.mcs.net/~crawford/sheridan/sheridan.html