Bev Moore <[log in to unmask]>
Wed, 25 Mar 1998 23:48:57 +0000
I have such a peculiar problem that I'm almost embarrassed to ask.
Nevertheless:

I recently had a new subscriber that signed on without giving his
name-- he just wrote "Firstname lastname". I requested his complete
name, and he gave it to me. I then attempted to change his name on
the list using a command that I thought I remembered. The command was
the wrong one, and I ended up changing my own name to :

for [log in to unmask]  Mmmmm Mmmmmm

(I've replaced the real address and name with mm's for privacy)

Now EVERY TIME I execute a command, I am identified as "for
[log in to unmask] Mmmm Mmmm" <[log in to unmask]>. This is most
embarrassing.

The list header still lists me as Beverly Moore, not mmmmm. I don't
think it ever changed that. What it changed was my own subscription--
I had subscribed myself in order to play around with subscription
options. I have since deleted the subscription.

The long and short of it is, I'm being identified as a piece of an
erroneous list command. The phrase now no longer exists ANYWHERE in
the list header or file. And this is embarrassing. What a mess. Help,
and mercy, appreciated.

Bev
list manager, [log in to unmask]

Beverly Moore