Trish Forrest <[log in to unmask]>
Thu, 13 Apr 1995 18:08:07 -0400
On Thu, 6 Apr 1995, Eric Thomas wrote:

> On Wed, 5 Apr 1995 14:48:43 -0500 LYDIA FISH
> <[log in to unmask]> said:
>
> >Incidentally, Eric, can someone tell from the list headers if he/she has
> >been filtered?
>
> Yes, since it's  in the header. When  I filter out people,  I usually let
> them know. I don't really like  the idea of filtering people without them
> being aware of it.

  I don't like the idea either and I have prepared a 'standard msg' to
send out.  This worked out well until I received a request from a
list owner to filter out an entire commercial network due to abuse
on one list.  I'm still uncomfortable with the 'concept' of filtering
out everyone on a network because of one person.  Since I received
no reply from the postmaster (except a "Got your mail, get back to.")
I guess they didn't care one way or the other.

--Trish
--
Trish Forrest, Computing Services, University of Windsor