Joe Clark <[log in to unmask]>
Wed, 4 Aug 1999 15:29:34 -0500
> My guess is that the address
>you are looking for is [log in to unmask], that being the hostname I've
>had to use lately to delete CompuServe users instead of the more intuitive
>COMPUSERVE.COM that they used to use.

Oh, it's worse than that. CompuServe member addresses can occur from
any of these domains:

        compuserve.com
        csi.com
        cs.com  (with the same addressing structure as AOL,
                which bought CIS; we now live in an era of addresses like

CIS employees can be found at csi.compuserve.com, cis.compuserve.com
(yes, a dyslexic's nightmare), and cs.com.

Then we get into the issue of proprietary mail formats, but that will wait.

--
           Joe Clark
           <http://www.joeclark.uni.cc>