Dan Frezza <[log in to unmask]>
Wed, 8 Jul 1998 11:01:58 -0400
Dear Listowners,

        Recently, I have had to deal with a person with a "Yahoo" account, whose
service appears to be very limited, in terms of storage space.  I wonder if
others had the same problem as I:  limited storage space -- over 5k, or is
this an error message because the sum total of all error messages exceeds a
specified amount, that's not 5k?  Not sure I have a full understanding here.

        I know some services, such as "Juno," appears to have a limited storage
space for their subscribers, which I am not sure, but the last time I
checked, it was something over 60k.  However, the last few days, I have been
getting error messages from an account on "Yahoo" that has limited space of
5k?

        Notice below, at the last line of the error message, that since the original
message is over 5k in length, it gets truncated to 1k.  I haven't seen this
kind of message in quite a while, and in fact,  "yahoo.com" appears to be
something of a new service?

        Sounds like this is going to be more work for listowners in the long run if
some of the services, such as juno.com, yahoo.com, etc.. start crunching down
on their storage space.

        This post was just informational I wanted to pass along.

Thanks,

Dan Frezza, SFO
Listowner of Assisi-L

------------------------ error message ---------------------------------
To: [log in to unmask] Subject: failed delivery

Message from  yahoo.com.
Unable to deliver message to the following address(es).

User is over the quota.  You can try again later.

--- Original message follows.

The original message is over 5k.  Message truncated to 1K.

Dan Frezza <[log in to unmask]>
PGP -- An envelope for your email
PGP Public Key on Server