"Peter M. Weiss +1 814 863 1843" <[log in to unmask]>
Sun, 6 Oct 1996 09:29:00 EDT
Maureen:

>(wondering for example; is this something that I should bring to the
>attention of the postmaster at this uwosh site ... or *what* ???)

You can solicit feedback from the postmaster to GREP the SMTP
delivery logs for who the supposed sender of the mail is.

I suspect that one of your users is doinga RESEND/bounce
to the non-existing user, and the target mail system receives
it, analyzes it, and returns it to OWNER-HWY61-L, where
your LISTSERV AUTO-DELETE monitor kicks in.

So some alternative PSIDs:

1) check your archives for references to the name /medicine man/ --
   maybe you'll find a userid that is now forwarding to the broken
   address

2) change your list definition from

*  Auto-Delete= Yes,Semi-Auto,Delay(3),Max(25)

*  Auto-Delete= NO

3) send a message to all of your subscribers telling them
   that whomever is forwarding an (occasional *) copy of your
   list to <insert_bad_address_here> that their correspondent
   no longer has that mail address and to please STOP since
   it is YOU who have to deal with the non-delivery report.

   (* apparently not every distribution is bouncing (?))

--  co-owner:   INFOSYS, TQM-L, CPARK-L, ERAPPA-L, JANITORS, LDBASE-L, et -L
URL:mailto:[log in to unmask]                "I get paid by the millisecond"