Rich Greenberg <[log in to unmask]>
Thu, 14 Dec 2000 12:14:16 +0000
On: Wed, Dec 13, 2000 at 09:59:23PM -0500,Tom Rawson Wrote:

} I subscribed to LSTOWN-L in the usual way -- a message to
} [log in to unmask] reading "subscribe lstown-l Tom Rawson".  I
} have never sent any commands to change my subscription -- everything is at
} its default values.
}
} I always get two ACKs.  I just figured it was the way the list was
} configured, though it did seem a bit odd that an LSoft-hosted list would
} have this (to me slightly annoying) behavior as its default.  It never
} occurred to me that it might be an error.

I did the same as Tom, except that I didn't want either ACK.  I changed
Peach to NOACK REPRO, and that part was fine except that I still got the
ACKs from the European list.  So I subscribed to that server also,  and
set my sub over there to NOMAIL NOACK.

Nathan et al,
Is a peer supposed to send an ACK to a non-subscriber or is this a bug
in the peering code?  IMHO, its a bug (or at least a design flaw).

--
Rich Greenberg   Work:  Rich.Greenberg atsign worldspan.com   +1 770-563-6656
N6LRT   Marietta, GA, USA   Play: richgr atsign rexx.com      +1 770-321-6507