Eric Paul-Hus <[log in to unmask]>
Fri, 27 Sep 1996 04:40:32 -0700
I can hear the Freedom of Speech nuts (we all have some on our lists ;-)
Yell: Say what! How dare a human has to touch my messages electrons and
deprive the worls of my prose!

Using topic would be a good method but would require the Free Speech
clan to have "some" confidence in the Editor. But usually to them the
Editor is that Big Brother Evil Creature that will delect her/himself by
delete those message in the night with a grin... It is a common illness
caused by acute need for liberalism and coupled by a latent (and acute
;-) paranooa...

I Sympathize with the problem...

What about 2 lists MODOUT and UNMOD
With MOD Editor=You,(MOD)
Moderator=You
Send=Editor,Hold
Reply-to:Sender
You free what you want on MOD

And  UNMOD Editor=None
Send=Private
Reply-to:List,Respect

Everyone post to MOD and UNMOD
And set NOMAIL on the unwanted list.
         MOD    UNMOD
UserA     X
UserB   NOMAIL  X
You free what you want on MOD

UserA post to MOD it gets released and he sees it
it goes on to UNMOD but he doesn't see it

UserB post to MOD it is released through UNMOD (self-moderation)
(cuz he's on UNMOD) but rejected on MOD
it is then forwarded Reply-to: kept to UNMOD
Where he sees it.

If he is MAIL on both then he'll 2 copies of each release messages
If he's NOMAIL on both, I guess he won't bother you ...
--
Eric Paul-Hus ---->   mailto:[log in to unmask]
HTML Writers Guild Member since July '96 (CyberApprentice)

Mantre de poste binivole http://www.login.net/festival/blues Volunteer
postmaster
Festival de Blues de Drummondville: [log in to unmask]

Un drtle(*) de Quibicois errant sur la toile de l'Universiti de la
vie...
(*):Drtle dans le sens d'itrange pas de comique!

Pensie: Ceux qui peuvent le FONT, ceux qui ne peuvent pas L'ENSEIGNENT!
Tought: Those who know DO ; those who can't DO TEACH - Sagesse Internet
Savvy