Roger Burns <[log in to unmask]>
Fri, 31 Mar 1995 19:48:41 -0500
I'd like to request several additions to the DEFAULT MAILTPL:

(1) I wish that the message generated by Subscription= By_owner would be
controllable by the DEFAULT MAILTPL.  I'd like to be able to tailor my
MAILTPL so that it sends out a subsciption questionnaire when someone
tries to subscribe to one of my By_owner lists.

(2) I wish the message generated by Send= Editor when a non-editor tries
to post could also be controlled by the DEFAULT MAILTPL.  In my own case,
I would like to include instructions about becoming a subscriber in that
message.

(3) The current default SIGNOFF2 message (sent when someone tries to UNSUB
but they're not on the subscription list) might do well to include a
message about how UNSUBs are processed immediately, but mail is sent out
by a complex distribution method, therefore if the user has just recently
unsubbed and has received an acknowledgement of same, mail from the list may
nonetheless still be arriving but it will stop soon.

I know that I can tailor my MAILTPL to say that now, but I suspect that
this problem is so common, or at least it is for me ("Help!  I unsubbed
30 minutes ago but I've just received six new list messages!!") that I
thought it would be advisable to include it in the DEFAULT document.  In
fact, I'd recommend that it be inserted as the new number one
explanation, and the other five should be re-numbered up.

-- Roger Burns   [log in to unmask]
   Chronic Fatigue Syndrome information
   http://huizen.dds.nl/~cfs-news