Mon, 8 Apr 1996 15:56:47 -0400
At 12:17 04/08/96 -0500, you wrote:
>On Sat, 6 Apr 1996 19:45:00 -0500, Philo wrote:
>>        FWIW, Lotus cc:Mail completely strips internet email headers, and
>>there's no way a user can get at them. The net result is that users get a
>>message "FROM: LISTSERV list owners' forum" with no other sourcing data
>>available. I've addressed this to Lotus several times, but they've made no
>>comment other than "cc:Mail is designed for corporate use and not many
>>companies are that interested in the internet."
>
>Note to Lotus: "Unfortunately, because CC Mail fails to comply with
>standard (long standing, i.e., 1989 and earlier) Internet protocols, this
>list, and perhaps most other Internet lists will no longer be available to
>CC Mail users.  In termininating subscriptions of Internet users we have
>offered a list of, ofen less expensive, competing mail software that
>complies with Internet standards that users may prefer to adopt."
>
>/s Murphy A. Sewall <[log in to unmask]> (860) 486-2489 voice
>   Professor of Marketing                          (860) 456-7725 fax
>   http://mktg.sba.uconn.edu/MKT/Faculty/Sewall.html

Nice thought, however, most users are trapped in a corporate environment
where they don't make those calls. There's also an expense involved in
switching mail readers. Your statement above is really an empty threat. The
target to scare Lotus with is finding a way to convince NEW purchasers to
avoid cc:Mail.

Philo

Philip B Janus                 ||Now when I die,
[log in to unmask]                ||  now don't think I'm a nut;
1E GULC          <*>           ||Don't want no fancy funeral,
http://www.radix.net/~philo    ||  just one like old King Tut...