Ingrid Shafer <[log in to unmask]>
Sun, 29 Aug 1999 13:05:51 -0400
Stan suggested I send this question to you:

I attempted  to delete (by e-mail) a subscriber who was subscribed under two
addresses *@email.mci.com  and *@mci.com and was receiving double messages.
I deliberately sent the full address (*@mci.com) intending to leave him
subscribed to the variant in which he could both receive and send mail.  The
system deleted him under BOTH addresses!!! I immediately resubscribed him
under the one that worked but am puzzled at having a computer do something
that I had not specifically requested. Are we now using fuzzy logic?  Is the
system beginning to think and try to anticipate my intentions????

Stan wrote back that he found this feature quite annoying and didn't know
how to get Listserv to stop that kind of behavior.

Is there a way?

Peace,

Ingrid Shafer