Kenneth Udut <[log in to unmask]>
Tue, 27 Jun 1995 12:05:35 -0400
> I filter spammers, some goofy nodes and individuals disrupt, abuse or
> threaten list-members.
> One guy tried to bully me into kicking another poster off our list.
> When he failed to intimidate me onlist, he started calling my place
> of employ. He would speak to whoever answered and complain that I had
> treated him unfairly and that they should look into my "activities",
> suggesting that they were contrary to our universities mission statement.
> When that tact failed to satisfy him (I didn't get fired), he sent (via
> snail mail complete w/yellow highlighting) a copy of a satiric post that
> had been forwarded from another list, and copies of his own posts (which
> were extremely vile) to the Pres. of our institution.
> At this point, he was trying to get the list pulled from our server.
> I had to defend myself and the list to my director, the director of the
> computer center and the president. It was extremely stressful. I'm still
> waiting for him to renew his efforts.
> -linda
> co-owner, Politics

While I haven't been unlucky enough to find myself in that situation,
I feel your pain.  Nobody should have to go through that kind of
anguish.  I wouldn't wish that even on the one who threatened you,
(although it's a little bit tempting!) - it's just not something
anyone should have to go through.

I applaud you for not giving into the bully.

What prompted him to start this crusade?

--
Kenneth Udut                                     [log in to unmask]
LISTOWNER of [log in to unmask] - Call to Ministry [in-any-system]