"P. Divirgilio" <[log in to unmask]>
Mon, 6 Jun 1994 13:44:33 -0400
I was contemplating starting another list dealing with the link
between culture and genesis stories like the "Popol Vuh." I wanted to
collect and archive these stories and establish a discussion group to
promote a better understanding of indigenous peoples around the world.
I see it as a multi-layered discussion of the better known genesis
stories such as the Judeo-Christian Genesis (which of course differs
enormously according to the text you are studying Bible, Torah, Sepher
Ha Zohar, Sepher Ha Bahir), a real effort to understand other cultures
by collecting and archiving their stories of origin (the main archive)
and a comparative discussion of shared aspects between the cultural
senses of orgin. The problem is that this does really fit either
listserver which I am currently using, although the University of
Toronto has vast libraries of religious texts and texts on religion.
This list might be accompanied by another list dealing with one aspect
of my current list, alternative medical treatments which seems to be
at odds with the medical establishment. The two lists would constitute
an effort to democratize the internet by giving the cultures currently
forgotten by the high tech revolution an enduring mode of expression.
Does something like this already exist? Is there a listserver which
shares these interests?--Paul.
--

Dr. Paul S. di Virgilio,  University of Toronto  [log in to unmask]