Eric Paul-Hus <[log in to unmask]>
Sun, 2 Feb 1997 07:22:12 -0800
Randy Wrote:
> G'day,
>
> Below is an error message I'm at a loss to explain. I've queried the
> list but I have no subscriber from this domain. I've been getting
> these for the last two days.

If nothing turns out with
QUERY list *@*.pager.com
QUERY list *@*.gwp.com
QUERY list *null*@*
(doubtful but after all possible)

You may even try
Q list WITH DIGEST FOR *@*
and take a peek (depending on volume, if low then write them directly)

You may also look into sending a Distribute Mailjob to those user
(I wonder if the Debug option would give the bounce without actually
sending anything)

It seems like a compu-freak :-) got a neat little toy or was supplied
by an "apha pager" to receive "e-mail" page when off site ... This
forwards
e-mail message from an account to a pager. The bounces says it is not
allowed to use the services (getting that from the Sender: field I
presume)

Try contacting [log in to unmask] and [log in to unmask] It should be
possible
for them to track the Header of the Incoming message since your digest
seemed to
be sent around 21:00 PST and 00:00 EST ... If they cannot give the
corresponding
e-mail maybe they will accept to forward a note to the user asking
him/her to
sign off ...

You can also post to the list (maybe the person bragged about the new
computoy)

As a last resort I would even consider Changing the "when" clause of the
Digest= keyword to see if it still bounces at 19:00 and 17:45 ... If it
does not
then you would know that the user is *probably* receiving and may catch
a pposting to
the list. Check the doc for impact of doing that (hard to do whitout
havoc if most
sub'ers to your list are SET list DIGEST ...

Just some quick Ideas on an early Sunday mornin'
--
Eric Paul-Hus , BLUES-L