Don Wiss <[log in to unmask]>
Wed, 25 Jun 1997 21:08:40 -0400
A week or so ago I posted about my difficulties in getting the Listserv to
index past non-Listserv log files that I wish to transfer to a Listserv. I
am on the non-VM version 1.8c. The first suggestion I received was to try
the REFRESH command. I did, and back came "The REFRESH command has not yet
been ported to this environment."

Another person noted that I had two carriage returns both before and after
my 73 equal signs, instead of the usual one, but I have difficulty
believing that this is the cause of my problems.

Is this another situation where a useful capability has not yet been ported
to the non-VM version? If L-Soft does not answer this post, I will assume
that this is the case, and I think everybody that is looking to transfer a
list with past messages to the non-VM version should be aware of this
shortcoming, as they won't be able to do this.

There are quite a few commands that have not yet been ported to the non-VM
version, and I have not heard anything from L-Soft saying they are
committed to porting them over. Is it possible that the non-VM version will
always remain a subset of the VM one?

Don.