Fri, 11 Jan 2008 11:46:50 -0500
Perhaps because I run a big list (ca. 2,000 subscribers), I have a totally
different take on this situation, which is this:

The subscriber is being deleted due to their own negligence.  If they
consistently have their mailbox filled to capacity, it is they who need to
modify their behavior, or buy more space for messages.

Let's think for a moment:  I just received e-mail notification from New York
State that my property rebate has been acknowledged.  If I were this negligent
subscriber, I would not receive that e-mail.  Is it New York State's fault
that the message doesn't reach the subscriber?

Running a list take a lot of work - especially if you have a few hundred
subscribers (not to mention 2,000).  As a listowner, I've always felt that
it's the *subscriber's* responsibility to maintain their email account, to
familiarize themselves with Listserv software, and to be a self-empowered
subscriber.  It's not my job to do their work for them, but to help them
achieve self-empowerment.

So if anyone is to rescue this subscriber, it should be the subscriber
themself.  Teach them how to swim and they'll be rescued.

      ***** blog:  http://raremusic.wordpress.com *****
   Listowner: OPERA-L ; SMT-TALK ; SMT-ANNOUNCE ; SoundForge-users