Natalie Maynor <[log in to unmask]>
Wed, 10 Apr 1996 12:36:24 -0500
> As far as the original question was concerned, I set Send=Private
> recently and this works quite well.  I get maybe <1 message a week that
> bounces because of non-matching addresses (out of 50-100), and that's
> not too bad.  Attached is a canned file I send to people when this
> happens (typically, I delete the cases that clearly don't apply).  Feel

I'm confused.  When I set ADS-L to 'send=private' yesterday, I tested the
setting by sending a posting from one of my addresses that's not subscribed
because I wanted to find out what kind of bounce occurred -- what the
bounce message said and who got it (listowner, sender, or both).  Unless
the net goblins ate the copy intended for the listowner, it's only the
sender who gets the bounce.  As listowner, I never got any indication of
the failed posting.
   --Natalie ([log in to unmask])