Judith Hopkins <[log in to unmask]>
Thu, 28 May 1998 17:13:18 -0400
On Thu, 28 May 1998, Stephens, Larry V wrote:

> > Those of us using the American University bi-directional mail2news gateway
> > will have noticed that it has been down for the last 10 or so days, again.
> >

>         Not to disagree with this statement, nor the need for a replacement
> service, but I think the problems are actually intermittent. Most of one of
> my list's traffic comes from the USENET side and I see 149 messages today,
> which tells me the gateway is up. Seems like it goes up one day and down the
> next.

   Your experience has been different from mine.  I look at 4 non-local
lists via USENET, two of which are very active and generate 30-60 messages
a day.  (I also subscribe to those lists and just look at them via USENET
to monitor the latter's level of activity and coverage).  I haven't seen
anything on any of the USENET versions in the last two weeks except an
occasional spam; the discussion lists, on the other hand, have been their
usual active selves, with no spam.

Judith Hopkins, Listowner of Autocat
     My home page: http://www.acsu.buffalo.edu/~ulcjh
     AUTOCAT home page: