Lou Schwing <[log in to unmask]>
Sat, 4 Oct 1997 22:24:03 -0700
At 6:43 PM -0500 10/4/97, Adam Bailey wrote:

>Personally, I'm very wary about the idea of hitting someone with five
>whole messages (plus their output message, making a total of six) when
>they subscribe to your list. If you have so much to say that it can't fit
>into two succinct messages, do you really expect your new subscribers to
>read it all?

It's a good point you bring up.  However, it is info that we will send via
the list on a regular basis, just to 'remind' folks.  (Similar to USENET
policy re: FAQs.)

I'd like them to get the info, even if they don't read it.  That way, we
have a safeguard against list abuse.  "Hey, it was in the FAQ you got when
you signed up...."

It is a pretty small list so far (Under 60) and the sign ups are 1-3 a day
at most.  I suppose it is possible for me to forward the info manually.
I'd like to have listserv do it though.....

Peace,

no .sig for me, thanks.