Ben Parker <[log in to unmask]>
Wed, 8 Aug 2001 23:48:34 -0600
On Wed, 8 Aug 2001 18:00:50 -0400, [log in to unmask] wrote:

>I am trying to do exactly the same thing.  I would like to give users the
>ability to subscribe to an edited list without creating a password.

A password is NOT required to subscribe to a list (at least not if LISTSERV and
the Webserver program (usually IIS) are installed correctly).  A password _may_
be required to read the List's message archives (depending on List Configuration
settings).  A password is also required to edit/change user subscription
settings (the user must authenticate who they are before changes are allowed).

>However, when we use the following syntax we are still asked to create a
>password:
>/wa.exe?SUBED1=listname&A=1

Please supply a real URL.