Pete Weiss <[log in to unmask]>
Mon, 16 Nov 1998 10:06:41 -0500
At 09:14 11/16/98 -0600, Eric G. Myers said:
|I have looked through the documentation and cannot find the answer to this
|problem. Occasionally, I'll get mail returned (bounced) with the note that
|an "X-Report-Type:"  field was found in the header. Usually this is a
|transient problem, but currently, all the Earthlink ISP users on my list
|are generating these messages.
|
|However, the users themselves report that they are receiving messages from
|the list. I'm perplexed as to how to stop the returned mail. Is this a
|problem I can fix or is it something that I need to approach Earthlink about.

Are they receiving ALL of the messages or some of them? (How do you/they
know?)

The diagnostic that LISTSERV(R) is sending to you, the list-owner, may be
somewhat misleading.  IMHO, the interpretation that LISTSERV(R) is
putting on it should be ignored, and you should concentrate on the
EARTHLINK error report that was sent to the "bounce" address of

To: <[log in to unmask]>

Currently, EARTHLINK has seven MX hosts, so I guess it is possible that
they are not all maintained/configured identically.

/Pete