Sun, 24 Mar 1996 20:06:16 -0600
Eric,

  As I'm sure you know, something similar to what you mention has been
proposed on LSTOWN-L, SPAM-L (thanks for setting that up) and elsewhere.
Problem has always been, as I've seen it, lack of legal knowledge, lack of
money, where to find really Internet/email/list/ knowledgable lawyers, and
just flat getting enough people to cooperate.  And, two more big problems,
the court system knows nothing about it (proving damage in a civil case
could be extremely difficult), and our wonderful congress and state
legislatures know even less.  Unless the *big* ISPs decide they've had
enough and get it started I doubt it will happen.

By the way, did you send a copy of your message to SPAM-L?  If not,
okay to forward it?

Douglas
       Douglas Winship   Hays County, Texas  [log in to unmask]
                    Secondary AUTOCAT Listowner
                              MEDLAB-L