"Stan V. Smith" <[log in to unmask]>
Sat, 1 Apr 2006 18:24:18 EST

The advice below was correct regarding Gmail (and possibly other list
servers) that do not send a copy of the post to the sender:

In a message dated 4/1/2006 11:59:54 AM Central Standard Time,
[log in to unmask] writes:

At 12:31 4/1/2006  Saturday, Christine Quiriy  wrote:
>>http://peach.ease.lsoft.com/scripts/wa.exe?A2=ind0602&L=LSTOWN-L&D=0&I=-3&X=
7B46EA241DCF0969E1&Y
End  Reply

This should work (I fouled up the last  one):

http://peach.ease.lsoft.com/scripts/wa.exe?A2=ind0602&L=LSTOWN-L&D=0&I=-3&P=61
66

On 2/13/06, Stan V. Smith  wrote:
> Folks
>
> I  manage three ListServ lists on one hose, and I am also on another
ListServ
> list thru another host that I do not manage.
>
> I  have a separate Gmail account for each of these four.  On all four
>  accounts, any mail sent from Gmail does is not reproduced back to the
sender.  This
> is true for several other gmail account holders who  are  subscribed to the
> lists.  NONE of us get our messages  REPROed back to  us.
>
> Accounts are set to MAIL NOACK REPRO,  yet ... no message sent to the list
is
> REPROed  back.
>
> The gmail accounts get ALL other mail from the list and  from  the outside.
> They get all mail from the list and msgs from  the  listserv and they even
get
> the ACK response from the list when  the setting  is for MAIL ACK NOREPRO.

It has  nothing to do with ListServ, and everything to do with Gmail.

Gmail  recogizes that the mail coming back from the list is the same
thing as what  you sent, and does not put it into your inbox.  It's
there in your SENT,  or ALL MAIL links.

Once someone responds to your mail, you will see your  posting in the
conversation thread along with the response.  Similarly,  your

I haven't cared enough to experiment, but I suspect you'll find  the
same, or at least similar behavior regardless of the list  software
(yahoogroups, majordomo, etc)