Charles Oriez <[log in to unmask]>
Thu, 13 Jan 2005 07:20:45 -0700
At 06:38 AM 1/13/2005, Russ Hunt wrote:
>And one other thing.  If my email address were harvested from a
>list archive, how would I know that and why would the list be
>affected?
>
>Of course I'd prefer not to expose subscribers to that, but if
>it had already happened, how would I ever know?

when I am suspicious, I use a unique tagged address when subbing to a list.
it gets to be a pain if I am actually going to post to that list, but even
that is doable via the web interface.

site manager has access to log files, though they need to know what to look
for.  I used to know.

--
Charles Oriez     [log in to unmask]  39 34' 34.4"N / 105 00' 06.3"W    AIM
ID caoriez